Saturday, October 27, 2012

...... and then I gave an elephant some treats


Well, yesterday was not one of those days I would want to live through too often.  Helping an older cat cross the Rainbow Bridge is one thing, but a wee kitten......

I didn't have time to grieve because Trouble needed lots of attention, plus Boomer really wanted some outside time, which has to be supervised.  This gave me an opportunity to do a bit of clean up in the backyard.  Then it was time to feed Trouble again.  My ferals needed to be fed before the rain started.  I don't mind feeding them in the rain but not all my ferals will eat inside the feeding shelters and now that it's getting cooler outside, I don't want them to become chilled because their fur is wet.  I even managed a two hour snooze in the late afternoon after being up for about 30 hours straight.

When Mike got home from work about 8:30 we decided to try a new restaurant. On the way to dinner we passed the area Lexus dealership.  It was lit up and there were lots of people in the show room enjoying beverages and hors'd'oeuvres (I think that is spelled incorrectly and spell check has no clue either).  But what really caught my eye was the elephant out front! It was a real live elephant so we pulled over.  There were also two young lions, a male and a female, about 14 months old.  These animals were attracting lots of attention from people passing by on foot and by car as well as the guests at the reception.

I got to pet the elephant, her skin is very leathery.  Then was given the opportunity to offer her some special elephant treats, which she took from my outstretched hand leaving me with a very wet hand covered in elephant slobber.  That was a first for me.

At the restaurant I ran to the ladies room to wash my hand before we sat down for a yummy dinner and glass of wine.


When we got home Boomer, Annie Sparkles and Cinder had dinner with Trouble watching.

 At least my day ended on a more upbeat note.




3 comments:

  1. You are so good to those ferals. YIKES - elephant slobber. he he - that must have tickled. M said she's always wanted to touch an elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trouble...I am just so loving seeing you, you darling little baby with a spotted tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omc love seeing you all awwww
    Hug hug hug
    Goodest bestest floofistness

    ReplyDelete